[OS X TeX] Automatic Conversion of Graphics?

Jan Hegewald j.hegewald at tu-bs.de
Wed Jan 26 05:36:03 EST 2005

Hello,

Am 26.01.2005 um 05:35 schrieb Brian Powell:
[...]
>  \includegraphics[...]{fig.pdf}
>
> If I add at the beginning
>
> \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.png}
[...]

I can not help you with the automatic conversion, but if you only want
to switch between a screen and a print version, here is what I suggest:
- don´t add the file extension when including:
\includegraphics[...]{fig}
- put the corresponding files in different folders, e.g. the print
version in a folder called graphics_print and the screen version in a
folder called graphics_screen. So you have graphics_print/fig.pdf and
graphics_screen/fig.png
- now tell \includegraphics where to look via the \graphicspath command:
\graphicspath{{./graphics_print/}} to include the print version and
\graphicspath{{./graphics_screen/}} to include the screen version.
This works well if you use \usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble.
The graphics can now have other extensions as well (e.g. *.jpg) and you
can still use them with different resolutions.

HTH,
--Jan--
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>