[OS X TeX] LaTeX Books

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Jul 2 02:21:51 EDT 2005

Hi Maarten, and others.

On 02/07/2005, at 6:39 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

>>> Pro: any labels that appear within your figure will match the
>>> main body text.
>>> Con: not wysiwyg (may be a pro, though for figures I'm not so
>>> sure there are many who will argue in favour).
>>>

>> What about WarmReader?
>>

> Excellent; no money for Illustrator though, and most of the figures
> are graphs anyway, so Illustrator is overkill for those.

You don't actually *need* Illustrator to use WarmReader.

What you need is a way to create suitable .bb  files.
A plug-in for Illustrator (called 'Marked Objects') is one way to
do this.

With a little bit of effort you can use any piece of software that
lets you estimate the coordinates of a point within a graphic image.
Indeed, it is sufficient to just estimate "by eye" and record
this information by hand in a file.

Having spent some money on Illustrator just makes this task
easier, and more Mac-like.

For an insight into the theory, and what is required,
or different ways to work, read the PDF preprint available here:

    http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/TUG/WARM/WARMarticle/
    http://www.tug.org/TUG99-web/pdf/ross.pdf

> Maarten

Hope this helps,