[OS X TeX] Strange Texshop 1.4 - pdfsync interaction

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 3 10:32:10 EDT 2005

I am seeing a very strange behavior in texshop 1.40 with pdfsync
(2004-01-20) when I use a root file that \include(s) other files. (My
system is 10.3.9).

My main file is

\documentclass[11pt]{book}
\begin{document}
\include{chap1}
\include{chap2}
\end{document}

and each included file starts with %!TEX root = main.tex and contains a
short text. The file typesets correctly but then:

1. clicking on the first page of chap1 or chpa2 in the PDF takes me to
corresponding chap.tex BUT always to the same spot of the source file,
regardless of which paragraph I click in the PDF.

2. Clicking at any other page of the PDF takes me to the root file (to
the line \include{chap?.tex})  and not to the corresponding source
file.

3. Clicking anywhere inside chap1.tex and chap2.tex leads to even more
bizarre behavior:
    a. if both chap1.tex and chap2.tex are open on the screen,
source-to-pdf does not work.
    b. if I hide one (not close) of the two chap?.tex files, then,
double-clicking on the source of the other takes to the first page of
that chapter on the pdf.
    c. If only one chap?.tex is open, source-to-pdf does not work.

Themis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>