[OS X TeX] Crossrefs and BibDesk

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Mon Jul 4 03:03:06 EDT 2005

Am 04.07.2005 um 03:38 schrieb Jon Hanson:

> I think I figured out the source of my difficulties.  If you take a
> book entry in which "Title" is entered but "Booktitle" is
> nonexistent/empty and then use that entry to create a child record
> in BibDesk (type: incollection), Title gets copied to Title but
> Booktitle in the child record remains empty.  I think it is not the
> desired behavior although I understand why it is happening.
>
> This does not happen when I start by creating a brand new book
> parent record in BibDesk because BibDesk automatically copies
> whatever is in Title down to Booktitle (adding the Booktitle field
> automatically in the process).  Then, the child record is created,
> both Title and Booktitle get copied to the child fields of the same
> name.  This is better, but I think it would be better still if the
> Title field in the child record were left blank, since it will
> nearly always (if not always) be different from Booktitle in this
> book/incollection scenario.  The child's Title field can be still
> edited, of course, but to change it one must click through a
> warning dialog saying that a cross-referenced field is about to be
> changed.

But you can configure this behavior! (Prefs -> Crossref -> Check the
"Duplicate Title to Booktitle" checkboxes)
After that it always should behave as desired.

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>