[OS X TeX] Request for testing on a short notice

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Jul 4 08:30:40 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I need a favour: I need some testing to be done on short notice.

1. The TeX-fat.dmg volume has been updated from the January TeX
i-Package to the May TeX i-Package. I need for people to test this on
as many versions of Mac OS X >= 10.2 as possible. The reason is that I
will be away in a week and this volume will be used by a Swedish
University for a loan-CD for Mac users. They need the go before August,
which for me means, this week.

2. I have produced a new TeX i-package on the *EXPERIMENTAL*
i-Directory. This package has any fixes from a newer TL repository. It
also has a TL2005 binaries produced from sources from July 3, 2005, so
very recent. It might be considered the first release candidate level
for TL2005.
More important for me, the 2005 binaries have been produced with gcc 4
on Mac OS X 10.4. My main interests are thus:
- Does the 2005-set work on 10.2 and 10.3? (tested slightly on 10.3.9
and it seems to work)
- Are the 2004 (and 2003 if needed) OK?

pdftex -version
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
kpathsea version 3.5.5

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>