[OS X TeX] Update to *EXP* TeX i-Package. pdfTeX 1.30.0-rc2-2.2

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jul 5 07:24:00 EDT 2005

> Am 05.07.2005 um 07:55 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> The *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX i-Package now has pdfTeX 1.30.0-rc2-2.2, which
>> has been added to TL today. Please redo your testing.
>>

> I'm downloading and installing ...
>
> Should I still trace and report yesterday's pdfTeX bug?

Yes, please. (See separate mail message).

> Yesterday in formats selection xetex was offered -- it only can't be
> made because XeTeX seems still to be an add-on, so its choice is
> offered a bit too early.

The offering of formats is based on what is in the fmtutil.cnf file. I do
not know if Thomas ever got around to having a sort of `available' check
on formats offered in that file. Cheking availability would be limited to
testing for an ini file and not all formats have that, so a real check
might be problematic.

Basically, choosing formats is editing the fmtutil.cnf file, there is no
certainty that everything for the format is available.

And if it fails to be produced, nothing serious happens, though people
might get confused if they try to study the output.

I'll see what I can do on this issue.

> Although I've chosen TL2005 I get explained that a tl2004 layout was
> found -- someone with weaker nerves could panic!

I'll see to it that I turn that into TL2004+ layout.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>