[OS X TeX] aiksaurus?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 00:01:07 EDT 2005

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2005, at 10:08 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> The Aiksaurus home page says
>>
>> the new Cocoa port provides a MacOSX NSService hook so that Safari
>> and other such applications can use this thesaurus without
>> Aiksaurus-specific development.
>>
>> Is TeXShop one of "other such applications"? And, if so, has anyone
>> "hooked" Aiksaurus to TeXShop?
>>
>> Regards
>> --schremmer
>

> Howdy,
>
> I have a feeling this is geek-speak for it showing up on the Services
> menu in Cocoa applications and others that support Services. Is it there?

In TeXShop, it does indeed shows in the Services meny … but dimmed. As
it is in … Safari.
But the application I downloaded is called Aiksaurus Cocoa and what
shows dimmed is English Aik(The)saurus.
Both the homepage and the Source Forge are pretty terse.

I just thought that, once "hooked", some command in TeXShop would write
a word selected in TeXShop source into the Aiksaurus window rather me
writing it. So it is nothing crucial. Far from it.

Grateful regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>