[OS X TeX] hyperref

Armin Goralczyk agoralczyk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 11:36:27 EDT 2005

Hi
I decided to use the hyperref package, but I ran into some troubles.
Any help is much appreciated since I cannot figure it out myself.
When I use hyperref with all the other packages I need it doesn't
build a tree-like bookmark structure but appends the next entry to
the previous one no matter if the next is a chapter and the previous
is a subsection, like this:
|_ Chapter 1
  \_ Section
   \_Section
    \_ Subsection
     \_ Chapter 2
      \_section
       \_section
If I omit all other packages but hyperref the bookmarks are ordered
correct, like this:
|_ Chapter 1
|\_Section
|\_section
| \_Subsection
\_Chapter 2
  \_section
   \_section

My preamble and minimal example for non-tree like structure looks
like this:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{book}

\usepackage[font=footnotesize,labelfont=bf]{caption}
\usepackage{subfig}
\usepackage{array,fancyhdr}
\usepackage{threeparttable}
\usepackage{multirow}
\usepackage{booktabs}
\usepackage{cite}
\usepackage{paralist}
\usepackage[smaller]{acronym}
\usepackage{relsize}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{sidecap,xspace}
\usepackage[twoside,varioref,closeFloats]{fltpage}
\usepackage{amsmath,amscd}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage[OT1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\newcommand\test{sample text for test. repeated over and over until the
end. }

\begin{document}
\chapter{Chapter 1}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\section{test}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\subsection{subtest}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\section{testing another section}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\chapter{Chapter 2}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\section{still testing}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\section{and testing}
\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test\test
\end{document}

And in the log file (not complete) it says:
\openout3 = `testhyperref.out'.

Chapter 1.

Package hyperref Warning: No destination for bookmark of
\addcontentsline,
(hyperref)                destination is added on input line 27.

Package hyperref Warning: The anchor of a bookmark and its parent's
must not
(hyperref)                be the same. Added a new anchor on input
line 29.

[1

{/sw/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] [2]
Chapter 2.

Package hyperref Warning: The anchor of a bookmark and its parent's
must not
(hyperref)                be the same. Added a new anchor on input
line 37.

[3

] [4] (./testhyperref.aux) )

As mentioned above, if I omit all other packages things work out fine
and no hyperref package warning in the log.
Is there some conflict between hyperref and some other package?
Thanks for help.
--
Armin Goralczyk, Guttmannstr. 4, Appartment 2615, 76307 Karlsbad,
Germany

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>