[OS X TeX] Re: Fonts in Illustrator with Tiger

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jul 16 08:42:24 EDT 2005

Le 16 juil. 05 à 05:48, Adam R. Maxwell a écrit :

> On Jul 15, 2005, at 17:01, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> That said, I'm not very happy with CS2: I was expecting it to be
>> faster and more Apple-HIG-compliant than Illustrator 10, but
>> that's not the case. It seems to only add bugs, and more
>> modifications to the OS X routines (like replacing the printing
>> window by a completely new one, for no reason).
>
> Gee, hard to believe Adobe would do that ;).

Yeah. To access the OS X printing window, you must first reach
Adobe's printing window, press a button, go through a warning screen
telling you'll lose some functionality offered by the Adobe printing
window, and finally reach the OS X window which only acts as a front-
end to the Adobe printing window, bringing you back to it after the
settings have been chosen. This is the only way, for example, you can
use the OS X Print to PDF function; from Adobe's print window, you
can only use the Adobe PDF 7 virtual printer installed together with
Illustrator.

>> Adobe Illustrator(480,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a
>> pointer not malloced: 0x139f7ea8; This could be a double free(),
>> or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try
>> setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
>
> This sounds to me like a bug in Illustrator; it's trying to free
> memory that it doesn't own, and this will probably cause a crash
> sooner or later.  Or maybe it will just corrupt your work.  Does
> Adobe have a means to report bugs?

Thanks for the clarification, Adam. I'll investigate the possibility
of bug reports.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>