[OS X TeX] MathSciNet to BibDesk

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 00:24:21 EDT 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 20:21, Michael McCracken wrote:

> Hi, This is really good feedback. I think the only reason it
> doesn't do something more like what you suggest is that we are all
> used to the current way of doing things, and the 'new publication
> from pasteboard' command is relatively new to most bibdesk users,
> especially the developers. I just always thought of it as a special
> case.

I agree that this is really valuable feedback.  I'm so used to
pasting/dragging BibTeX directly that I very seldom look at the menus.

> I've forwarded your mail to the developers mailing list for
> discussion.
> There's still time to beat us to it and submit a patch, though! :)

Time's up ;).  I just checked in a patch that sniffs the pasteboard
for BibTeX or RIS when you use that menu item, and adds directly if
that's the case.

> I'd like to specifically encourage this kind of feedback - even if
> there is another way to do what you want to do (and there are lots
> of ways to enter data in BibDesk), if it doesn't do the first thing
> you think of, I'm curious what we're missing.

Seconded!  Feedback from new/occasional users usually points out
things that we've never thought of.

--
Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>