[OS X TeX] bibdesk

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 10:07:55 EDT 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 22:58, Peter Cholak wrote:

> I use a .bib file to track my papers and talks for my vitae.  Is
> there any way for bibdesk to save the .bib entries in the order
> they appear on the screen.  For example, I would like to sort them
> via the year published.  So I would like to have the papers listed
> in the .bib file in the order published.  Basicly when a new paper
> appears I update the correct .bib file and then run a script to
> create my vitae and web page.

You can probably do this with bibtool, but there's no way to do it
with BibDesk (yet).  BibDesk preserves the order in your file, so
once you sort it, newly added publications will be added at the top.

> A second related question, is there a .bst file which can sort
> the .bib entries via year?  This .bst must be compatible with
> natbib as I use this in for my vitae.

I use unsrt and order them manually (they're also split with
bibunits).  Probably not what you wanted to hear, though :).

Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>