[OS X TeX] What happened to the BibTeX SpotLight importer

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 12:11:23 EDT 2005

On Wednesday, July 20, 2005, at 08:44AM, Gary L. Gray <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

>On Jul 20, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>

>> On Jul 20, 2005, at 02:00, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>

>>> Does anybody know what happened to the BibTeX SpotLight importer
>>> BibImporter.mdimporter, which used to live at Adam Maxwell's home
>>> page <http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/>? Looking back at the list
>>> archive, I found a thread on 3 May mentioning a problem with .dat
>>> files, but does this mean the importer has been retired following
>>> that?
>>>

>> Why yes, I know what happened to it!  I've moved it into BibDesk's
>> source repository, as we'll be shipping it with the next version of
>> BibDesk; we should have Spotlight functionality similar to Mail/
>> Address Book in the next release.  Let me know if you need a copy
>> of the old one for some reason.
>

>Will the DVIImporter also be part of the new BibDesk?

No; DVI is unrelated to BibDesk.  Hopefully the DVI importer will be hosted on the mactextoolbox site, and I'd prefer that it (or maybe an improved version) ship with the programs which can claim the DVI file type.

>Will there be a problem if we forget to remove the BibImporter and
>DVIImporter from /Library/Spotlight?

For DVI, no.  For the BibImporter, I'm not sure yet, since Apple had a related bug that may be fixed in 10.4.2.  I'll check it out and let you know.

Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>