[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3.1 released

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 22 08:18:11 EDT 2005

> I was just thinking.  If I had equations in my library rendered in
> similar fonts i.e. times and times new roman, and the preambles are
> the same length, how would I know which equation used which font/
> preamble?  Would it be possible to somehow see the preamble that
> was used to generate a given library equation?
I don't understand very well. What does "and the preambles are the
same length" means ?
If you want to see the preamble, just select the library item, and
display the preamble by dragging the handle down...

> Nice feature.  There was one release that I had to rename the ~/
> Library/LaTeXiT folder so my equations would be loaded by the new
> version.
Yes, it is written in the Known issues section of the doc. It was
when upgrading from LateX 1.2 to Latex 1.3. In LaTeX 1.2, the Panther
version of the app was internally named "LaTeXiT-Panther", which
caused problems for the application service. Now, the two versions
are named "LaTeXiT", and they share the library/history, at the same
place as before.

> Does this mean that the library.dat file is no longer needed or is
> that still the location of the default library?
~/Library/LaTeXiT is still the location of the default library.

> I hope I come across more as a beta tester and less like a
> demanding and unsatisfied user.
But the two are related. A good beta-tester is a user which has real
needs and know how to express them. And you seem to fulfill this
condition.

Regards,

Pierre
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>