[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser-0.86

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jul 25 14:51:59 EDT 2005

Am 24.07.2005 um 01:52 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:

> Well, I disabled plugins in a previous version in response to the
> problems you and others were having.  I'm frankly not motivated to
> install Adobe's crapware and try to debug the problem on 10.3.x, since
> I can't even build TCOBrowser on 10.3.x anymore.

I think that's a reasonable opinion. How about this: if TCOBrowser sees
that crap it raises a warning telling that with this *ware PDF files
can't be displayed in TCOBrowser, but when this plague-in is removed
and that from SchubertIT installed it would work, + a footnote where in
Adobe Reader 7 to switch off the re-installation. Then TCOBrowser uses
the forward mechanism to the default Internet browser. On next start-up
TCOBrowser checks again and might warn again, if the plague-in is still
there. Otherwise it uses SchubertIT's PDF plug-in or, if it's not
installed, it forwards the PDF file to the default Internet browser.

To me it's a very valuable feature when TCOBrowser or any other
application can achieve things inside its own window(s). (Particularly
when one's using a few virtual desktops and the Internet browser is
left somewhere.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

The box said "Use Windows 95 or better," so I got a Macintosh

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>