[OS X TeX] Hand-Writing Style Mathematical Formula for Keynote Blackboard Theme?

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Fri Jul 29 10:57:04 EDT 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

>>     Is such a thing possible??  In particular, I would like to have
>> PDF equations "attached" to bulleted text in a list, and have the
>> list build in "by bullet".  Right now, I see no way to place an
>> equation image in-line with bulleted text and have it build in
>> correctly -- the equations show up either before or after all the
>> bullet points in the list.  Is what I'm after possible?
>
> I build everything except the slide title in LaTeX (via LaTeXiT), so I
> can integrate equations in bulleted lists without any trouble. You
> will see this in the sample slides I posted (they don't contain
> bulleted lists, but I can readily add a slide with one).

	Hmm.  At the risk of asking you to do more work, I for one would be
interested in seeing such a slide.  I tend to use Keynote schemes that
were given away to .Mac account holders some time back (such as
"Frames" <http://www.keynoteuser.com/prothemes/frames.html> or "Basic
Research" <http://www.keynotethemepark.com/content/pages/set4.html>,
with the text/math customized to Palatino or Utopia), and these use
custom bullets.  I'd like to retain these bullets and the ability to
use the powerful build tools of Keynote to control how information
appears on the screen, but imbed in-line equations into these bullet
items.  I have a feeling that I am asking too much of the current
technology....  Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

                                         -- Mike

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>