[OS X TeX] A suggestion for NewPdftricks (or for pdftricks in general)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 9 08:57:55 EDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 2:57 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Sorry but there is a little problem. \@ptsize is defined
> in the class Article  and if you use a personal class (without
> \@ptsize) ,
>  you obtain an error. It is my case !
>
> But with :
>

> \ifpdf
>     \usepackage{pdftricks}
>     \begin{psinputs}
>     \RequirePackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>     \RequirePackage[upright,expert]{fourier}
>     \input{size10.clo} etc....
>

> I've no problem with the preceding version of pdftricks
> `
> Thanks
>
> Alain Matthes

Howdy,

Hmmm...

I knew that I was going to run into a problem but I didn't expect it
this fast. I'll have to try to work around it. I can require the
definition of \@ptsize so if it isn't already defined it will get the
value defined as an option to the pdftricks package. Note that with
\providecommand a point size designation as an option to pdftricks
will NOT override one by the class if it exists; is that the behavior
one wants? It is easy to make it an override but I worry about other
packages that follow pdftricks that need the original value. Give me
a bit of time to think about it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>