[OS X TeX] Font problem?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 9 10:38:41 EDT 2005

Am 09.06.2005 um 15:20 schrieb François G. Schmitt:

> I tried to run `sudo texhash'  but I get 'sudo: texhash: command not
> found'. is there something to be done before? I am not using Terminal
> very often.
>
>> This looks very bad! The command `basename´ is usually found in
>> /usr/bin. I think you need to fix your ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
>> and your environment. Could you check ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist and
>> open Terminal and invoke there 'env | grep -i path'?
>
> Where is located the '~/.MacOSX/' folder? If this is in my home
> directory, I could not find it.
> The commands 'env | grep -i path' and  'updmap --listmaps'  receive as
> answers 'command not found'.

OK, your UNIX shell environment seems to be in the garbage bin on your
desktop ... but we can get it out of it! First I'll give this public
advice, then I'll send you my edited environment.plist file privately,
because attachments are not passed to the list members.

Open a Terminal and type

	/bin/mkdir ~/.MacOSX

Then go to a Finder window and type Shift-Cmd-g or from the Goto Menu
-> Go to folder. Fill in ~/.MacOSX and press OK. Now you see that empty
directly you just openned before. Another way to open ~/.MacOSX is to
type in Terminal

	/usr/bin/open ~/.MacOSX

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen