[OS X TeX] Font problem?

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Thu Jun 9 11:53:27 EDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 10:39 AM, François G. Schmitt wrote:

>>> I re-installed already several times, using basic install or full
>>> install...
>>> Should I clean something before next try?
>>
>> Just in case: on your setup, what's the output (in Terminal) of:
>>
>>     echo $PATH
>>

> the output is
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/francois_schmitt

Your path is not set correctly.  However, the i-installer should have
properly set this for you.  You can try to set it yourself so you can
run texhash to see if that fixes your font problem.  If you have bash
type:

PATH=/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH
export PATH

or if you have tcsh type:

setenv PATH /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH

The problem is that whichever of the above commands works needs to be
in either ~/.bashrc or ~/.tcshrc respectively to make it permanent, but
you should never have to do this if everything was installed properly
in the first place (the path is changed in the system initialization
file not your personal initialization file).

The only thing that I can suggest is to do a reinstall (nothing needs
to be cleaned up beforehand), but keep careful note of exactly what you
do.  That way somebody on this list will be able to spot what is going
wrong.  You are experiencing problems that should not occur...

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>