[OS X TeX] Can You Find The Class?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 20 10:07:22 EDT 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 2:02 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
> []
>
>> I actually hoping I can find something to use within a .sty file.
>> I  felt it would be nice to have the adapted pdftricks package
>> generate  figure files that use the same class as the original
>> source file.  Then I'd change the pdftricks to use keyval options
>> and allow the  user to change that behavior with something like
>> docclass=..... from  the default. It would also allow me to grab
>> more document point  sizes, etc.
>>

> The following simple solution gives you the name of the
> documentclass in \firstClass:
>
>  \def\firstFile#1.cls#2\@nil{#1}
>  \edef\firstClass{\expandafter\firstFile\@filelist\@nil}
>
> It works in the standard situation where \documentclass is the
> first command in the document. It just extracts anything before
> ".cls" in the filelist. If you want to cover the case where someone
> uses \input before \documentclass, you can add the following line
> after the two lines above. It just throws away all other file names
> before the class.
>
>  \@for\@Filename:=\firstClass\do{\global\let\Classname\@Filename}}
>
> The name of the class is now in \Classname.
>
> --
> Martin

Howdy,

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try. Given the variety of things
that can happen I might end up opting for the simplest solution and
require that the user pass the class they want to use in the figure
files be passed as a keyval argument (default being article) to the
adapted pdftricks package.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>