[OS X TeX] Auto bounding box for LaTeX document ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 21 16:15:10 EDT 2005

On Jun 21, 2005, at 2:52 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2005, at 15:19, Pierre Chatelier wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>>> Not quite one step but it seems to work (...) run pdfcrop
>>>

>> Yes, it is a solution, but pdfcrop is not available with every
>> latex distribution. And my problem is in fact to use pdflatex in
>> LaTeXiT instead of (latex, dvips, epstopdf), so I cannot rely on
>> the the fact that pdfcrop is available.
>>

> For some background info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~msneep/articles/
> baseline.html
>
> You can do it in a single step: the preview package does that for
> you, and it works with all displayed and in-line material. The
> problem is that you don't get a baseline offset (but neither does
> using pdfcrop). If someone has an idea for obtaining the baseline
> offset while still accepting multi-line equations, I'm all ears.
>
> Maarten

Howdy,

Very nice article Maarten! I remember that the baseline problem was
brought up when we were first talking about using a (not necessarily
`the') LaTeX Equation Editor to produce equations using LinkBack for
Pages. I didn't realize that the reference being made in the inquiry
here was also referring to that problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>