[OS X TeX] Printing wrong from Acrobat, right from TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 24 18:33:48 EDT 2005

Am 24.06.2005 um 16:45 schrieb Josep M.Font:

> but will try to install this WebJetAdmin (although I am not very
> optimistic about it, because the printer lives in a network where
> other Windows-based machines also live...).

That's splendid! WebJetAdmin needs to be taught into which networks to
look, and it needs access to them via SNMP (the Simple Network
Management Protocol). You can teach it to scan the subnets once in a
week or month. With WebJetAdmin its own minimalist Web server is
installed that you access on a dedicated port to watch the paper leave
the tray and manage the printers in a browser. Sometimes the printers
are protected by some password against remote setup ... (WebJetAdmin
too samples SNMP information about the PCs and Macs! Be surprised.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Without vi there is only GNU Emacs