[OS X TeX] Texshop and external editors

Geoff Vallis gkv at Princeton.EDU
Fri Jun 24 23:54:15 EDT 2005

Will the new TeXshop synchronize with an external editor, either
using pdfsync or its new method of synchronizing? Put another way,
can one open the TeXshop viewer at a particular line from the command
line, or from an external editor? If so, Alpha (and presumably emacs
and bbedit) would be able to support this, but I do not know whether
the functionality exists.
This feature would be useful for those (like me) who are intrigued by
Texshop's new feature, but who are addicted to a particular editor.

If the answer is yes, how does one do it? If the answer is no, is
this feature planned for a future release of TeXshop? Alternatively,
perhaps some other PDF viewers will support it?

Regards,
Geoff Vallis
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>