[OS X TeX] pstricks question

Timothy Van Zandt tvz1 at zandtwerk.org
Sun Jun 26 16:38:44 EDT 2005

Sergei Mariev wrote:
 > I am trying to typeset a tree using  pstricks. I have the following code:
 >
 >   \pstree[nodesep=2pt]{\Tr{EI}}{\Tr{P} \pstree{\Tr{a}}{\Tr{S}}}
 >
 > And I am getting the following error-message:
 >
 > PSTricks error.  See User's Guide for further information.
 >                  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
 > ! Graphics parameter `nodesep=2pt' not defined..
 > \@pstrickserr ... immediate help.}\errmessage {#1}
 >                                                   \endgroup
 > l.7     \pstree[nodesep=2pt]{\Tr{EI}}
 >                                      {\Tr{P} \pstree{\Tr{a}}{\Tr{S}}}
 > ? x

It is not a question of packages not being loaded; otherwise, the
command \pstree wouldn't be recognized. Instead, PSTricks is not parsing
the argument. It should separate `nodesep' as the graphics parameter,
rather than `nodesep=2pt'. Are you using some strange encoding such that
your = sign is not an ascii = sign?

tim van zandt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>