[OS X TeX] [OT] Postgres->Python->LaTeX

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 08:39:29 EDT 2005

Dear list,
this is slightly off topic, but with the so many TeX genies and
programming gurus around I thought I might give it a go:

Does someone here have experience of how to generate LaTeX files (in
my case tables to be included in main doc) from a PostgreSQL database
using Python? I am trying to generate a fairly comprehensive report
on sedimentary basins of different regions of the world where I would
like to display certain properties of those basins in table format.
Just started looking into this whole business, not having any
experience with Python and limited experience with SQL. So far I have
the impression that using Python as "glue" between the spatial
database and the final output is kinda ok and allows a smoother
workflow than using bash (which doesn't go that well with SQL DBs)
and awk.

Would be very grateful for suggestions, pointers in the right
direction and shared experiences, happy to receive comments off-list!

Cheers from Sydney,
Christian

--
Christian Heine
ph.d. student

         USIMS       |    University of Sydney
                     |    Institute of Marine Science
                     |    Sydney, Australia

P +61 2 9351 4257   •   F +61 2 9351 0184
http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/users/christian/
http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/about/people/pgrads/heine.html

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>