[OS X TeX] Using Babel with I-Installer tex installation

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:03:19 EDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 2:53 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

<snip>

> You mean you don't have
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/babel/? Where is the
> directory referenced in (i), then?

(i) in my original message referred to
~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/babel.

However, the proper installation is present under
/usr/local/teTeX/share/...: I had failed to look under the /generic
directory.

<snip>

Based on the rest of Bruno's response, I have babel correctly
installed, including the english.ldf.

However, I still get the same error message when I run my document with
the babel package declaration - \usepackage[english]{babel}, namely:

 > !LaTeX Error: Unknown option 'english' package for 'babel'.

I have googled this particular error message, as well as searched the
archives for this list and have not found any relevant information.

So once again, are there any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

For what it's worth, I am using the most recent version of the tex
installation provided by i-installer.

Thank you again,

Fred Hoyt

Frederick M. Hoyt