[OS X TeX] Using Babel with I-Installer tex installation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 29 10:27:09 EDT 2005

Am 29.06.2005 um 16:03 schrieb Frederick Hoyt:

> However, I still get the same error message when I run my document
> with the babel package declaration - \usepackage[english]{babel},
> namely:
>
> > !LaTeX Error: Unknown option 'english' package for 'babel'.

Hello Frederick!

Could we see a bit more of your log and of your TeX file?

The log file should have something like these lines:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2004/02/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/size11.clo))
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/babel/english.ldf
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/babel/babel.def)))

And the TeX file should be for a reasonable test as simple as possible,
i.e., most lines should start with % or be empty. When this works then
you can remove more and more ``%´´ from the other \usepackage lines too
find when it breaks. When this first simple document already fails,
then it's rather sure that something in you installation is defective
... To determine what such change english to some other language you
have made active at installation time!

When did you last run sudo texhash?

--
Greetings

   Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
-Anonymous

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>