[OS X TeX] Using Babel with I-Installer tex installation

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:50:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

A follow-up: following suggestions by Bruno and Piet, I deleted any and
all babel-related files in my ~/Library/texmf tree and reran texhash.
This allowed me to compile the document.

I had placed the babel files under my ~/ tree because I had assumed
that they would work like other latex style files, in the sense that
they can be located in either /usr/local/teTeX/ or in ~/Library/texmf,
but apparently this was an incorrect assumption.

Thanks to all for their help,

Fred Hoyt

On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:00 PM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>> FH> Yes, I already have done that. However, doing so has not affected
>> the error
>> FH> message.
>
> That's not true. Look at the logfile. It has:
>
>>> (/Users/fmhoyt/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc/babel.sty)
>
> So babel.sty *IS* in your personal directory.

Frederick M. Hoyt
www.livejournal.com/users/frederickhoyt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>