[OS X TeX] PDF from LaTeX and Adobe Illustrator

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Thu Jun 30 10:31:39 EDT 2005

>> when you drag'n drop a PDF equation generated by pdfLaTeX to Adobe
>> Illustrator, then Illustrator does not consider it as a mere
>> image, but on the contrary recognized the symbols, and
>> unfortunately replace them using another (ugly) font.

Ok, thanks for your answers; if it is a problem on Illustrator's
side, I feel less embarassed.

> In the meanwhile, a work-around is to wrap the pdf files up in
> a .eps w/ the fonts embedded and then place that in an application
> which will place (not parse) the .pdfs --- Macromedia Freehand
> affords one a choice on this.
I do not know anything about eps and pdf : font, embedding, vector
outlines, and so on, are really a mystery for me. What I just see is
that "the font of my text has changed in Illustrator".
You say that you can "embedd the fonts into an eps". What I
understand is that the text will be preserved. Isn't it possible to
do that with pdf ? And why should I have to use an external tool as
Macromedia Freehands; pdflatex cannot do that ?
Sorry if I really miss the point, but I am really not used nor
confident in this domain.

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>