[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.1.2

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 23:35:28 EDT 2005

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce the arrival of
BibDesk 1.1.2, which has numerous new features and bugfixes.  Thanks
to those of you who file RFE and bug reports on SourceForge at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61487&atid=497423>; we've
addressed a number of those issues for this release.

After writing release notes for two apps tonight, I can't think of
anything clever to add here.  Oh, the URL: <http://
bibdesk.sourceforge.net/>.

IMPORTANT:  note that changes made with the new find-and-replace
features are undoable, but you may want to have a backup copy of your
file just in case.  Our rigorous QA process is designed to ferret out
the most insidious bugs, and we're relying on all of you to let us
know as soon as you find them.

Complete release notes follow:

New Features
   *  Global macros can be defined for all bibliographies (RFE
#1217106); this should be helpful for people who keep @strings in a
separate file.  The contents of BibTeX style files (.bst) can be
pasted in for this purpose.  See online help for details.
   *  Errors and warnings should be more informative now, rather than
displaying "Paste/Drag" at line 0 for author splitting errors (RFE
#1221667)
   *  Can now copy-and-paste from error window (bug #1223110)
   *  Edit menu now has a "Duplicate" option (RFE #1221961)
   *  Find and Replace panel added:  allows searching and replacing
in fields, using substring or regular expression-based searches.
Please see the online help for usage examples, and file bug reports
if it doesn't make sense.

Bugs Fixed
   *  Fixed incorrect tooltip in autocompletion preferences
   *  Major changes for performance in sorting and displaying large
files
   *  Editing abstract/annote text should be fast now, independently
of file size
   *  Should no longer see two "Update available" windows
   *  Preview window menu item is no longer disabled; we show a
dialog saying you need to enable TeX previewing (bug #1223392)
   *  New item from pasteboard menu item no longer crashes if you
have PDF on the pasteboard (bug #1223402)
   *  Window title for "inbook" no longer uses the "Title" field (bug
#1223405)
   *  BTParse is now a framework, and can be compiled as a Universal
binary
   *  Double-clicking a table column header no longer opens an editor
for the selected row
   *  Memory usage should be improved, particularly with large files
   *  Macros are now de-TeXified when reading a file (bug #1224891)
   *  Fixed some font and alignment issues in the GUI
   *  Searching by "All Fields" no longer raises an exception with
crossrefs under certain conditions (bug #1229796)
   *  Undo past save no longer causes the main window to be
disconnected from cmd-w
   *  Documents are no longer marked dirty after autosorting for
crossrefs (bug #1229791)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>