[OS X TeX] Beginner questions

Marek Stepanek mstep at t-online.de
Tue Mar 29 17:00:50 EST 2005

Hello all,

I am completely new to LaTeX, so please be indulgent with me.

Normally I don't post to a new mailing list, before understanding at least
the half of the postings. But forgive me, I don't understand anything from
your postings ! Please simply send me to the right Faq-Questions, if there
are any, or to the right (beginners) group ...

1. I am dreaming of a sort of SGML-Syntax list, with all possible commands
and variants under a special document class. Perhaps there is such a beast
out there ?

2. Or is there a list at least with all "primitives" ? For example like
\textbf{bold text} or \texttt{typewritertext} , wich are working under all
document classes ? Such a list would be very helpful for a beginner.

3. I am concretely looking for something like a screenplay or film script -
document class. Is there such a document class and if yes, how to look for
it on www.ctan.org ? There are no search results for "film" "Screen Play" or

4. in an other document class, I am just writing a document with
\documentclass[a4paper]{scrlttr2} - how do I find the commands of this
special document class ? in my terminal

% texdoc scrlttr2
or
% texdoc scrlttr

gives no results.

5. Concretely : could a good soul be so kind here, and give me a hint how to
insert in this document class of scrlttr2 a dialog with more margin, and

        1. Person (bold perhaps centered)

    speaking speaking (perhaps in an other type, perhaps cursive)

        2. Person (bold perhaps centered)

    speaking speaking (perhaps in an other type, perhaps cursive)

Thank you in advance and best greetings to all from Munich

marek

        the embassy for talented young musicians
    Podium International | Marek Stepanek | mstep at PodiumInternational.org
        http://www.PodiumInternational.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>