[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.00 Improvement?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:37:51 EDT 2005

On 5/2/05, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Obviously, this hasn't been tested very much. But is the TeXShop 2.00
> now
> on the web better in the "beach ball department?"
>
> If so, Spotlight was a red herring.

So neither version (including the first `black preview' one) gave me
no beachball (even for a second) even with 700+ book. So far we have
(at least) three versions of TeXShop 2.00 with no documented
difference. Would be it possible in the future give them different
numbers?

Spotlight is not a red herring for sure but it has some problems
because it searches as you type and if the typing is too slow
Spotlight is going amok. I hope that in 10.4.1 Spotlight preferences
will include an option to switch `search as you type' feature off and
have a trigger as well as old-fashioned find-file utility (so far I
use third party utilities for this).

--
Victor Ivrii, Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto