[OS X TeX] The TeXShop problem on Tiger

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 17:47:07 EDT 2005

On May 2, 2005, at 1:49 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 2 mai 05 à 04:31, Richard Seguin a écrit :
>

>> On the whole everything is behaving beautifully with Tiger, and
>> I'm very pleased. However, I attempted to install the iWork '05
>> demo from the CD that they included with the Tiger install disk,
>> and it keeps crashing mid way through the install.
>>

> I can't report on Tiger vs. TeXShop itself, as I have not yet
> finished to reinstall/update everything following an Archive &
> Install of Tiger. But regarding iWork: the retail (not trial)
> version installs and works OK with Tiger. Possibly the fact that I
> have also iLife is important here, though I would assume not given
> iWork is said to take advantage of iLife not require it.

Just before bed time last night I tried installing iWork again, only
this time from an external CD drive rather than my Powerbook's
internal drive. I also temporarily turned off Spotlight wondering if
that could have been a problem. This time it did install with no
problems. I should know better than not to change more than one
variable at a time, but it was getting late, and I was tired and
impatient, so I'll never know for sure which change solved the problem.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>