[OS X TeX] Spotlight importers

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue May 3 11:40:55 EDT 2005

On Tuesday, May 03, 2005, at 07:40AM, Fernando Pereira <fcnpereira at mac.com> wrote:

>On May 3, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Fernando Pereira wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the latest version and tried to index my home
>> directory, where I have lots of .bib files. To stop mdimport from
>> looking at all of the files, I specified BibImporter with the -r
>> option. Surprisingly, I'm getting a slew of messages indicating
>> that all of my OmniGraffle files are being imported.
>

>I fact, *everything* seemed to looked at again. Eventually, I
>starting getting a slew of messages like
>
>2005-05-03 10:36:15.621 mdimport[22030] Importer using too much
>memory (160 MB), hit critical threshold.  Last file imported was: /
>Users/pereira/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver MX
>2004/Configuration/FileCache.dat
>
>and I stopped the process.
>
>The command I used was
>
>mdimport -f /Users/pereira -r /Users/pereira/Library/Spotlight/
>BibImporter.mdimporter
>
>Suggestions?

Make sure you use the version that I posted about an hour ago.  It fixes a stupid memory leak that could cause memory usage to balloon (sorry).  I've no idea why a .dat file would be looked at by my importers.  Do you have BibDesk on your system, by any chance?  Maybe I should update the importer to claim the .bib UTI.

--
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>