[OS X TeX] OT: effective Macintosh Trojan in the wild

Thorsten Scheffner scheffner at gmx.de
Thu May 5 04:19:53 EDT 2005

Hello,

I read the discussion about viruses on mac and want to add one scanner:
I use clamAV ( http://www.clamav.net ) as antivirus tool with ClamXav (
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24449 ) as gui
frontend. It is a freeware scanner for unix, mac and win. It is really
slow, a scan of my 30 GB-volume took about 2,5 hours and it does not
find viruses on the classic enviroment. But it seems to "know" a lot of
different viruses. Worth a look, I think.

On the other hand - Symantec is beta-testing a new version of NAV.
Maybe this will give us a little more protection.

Have a nice day,

Yours

Thorsten

--
"Ich habe nichts zu verbergen - trage aber trotzdem gerne Hosen"

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>