[OS X TeX] Swapfiles [WAS: OT: effective Macintosh Trojan ...]

Aldo Manfroi amanfroi at mac.com
Thu May 5 21:29:59 EDT 2005

I have to agree with David.
I have not done any scientific test, but I have never seen the number
of swapfiles decrease without a reboot. The way I notice this is on
my iBook, where HD space is tight. When many swapfiles are created,
the HD free space gets very low. I then quit all applications and
wait to see if the free HD space ever increases. It does not, and I
then prefer to reboot.

AJM

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>