[OS X TeX] OT: effective Macintosh Trojan in the wild

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Sun May 8 13:07:55 EDT 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>  In my case, installing clamav at the mail server level (IMAP, POP and
> SMTP) isn't an option, as the mail server (a Debian linux box) is run
> by my lab's sysadmin, but I can suggest it to him.

I't really not hard to install and well worth it if you consider the
amount of headaches and wasted time it prevents.  It should be a matter
of adding an RPM or two and tweeking the sendmail.cf.  I would strongly
and frequently suggest it to your admin.

>  But then it's also possible clamav is already installed on another
> server one or two levels higher up in the university server hierarchy.

If clamav is being used upstream, then you should be able to see it in
your mail headers.  A command-option-u will reveal all.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>