[OS X TeX] case sensitive HFS+

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Sun May 8 22:35:08 EDT 2005

Dear Folks:

Perhaps I am wrong, as I'm certainly no expert,
but I seem to recall that HFS+ was not yet
recommended for non-server (client) boot volumes.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's currently
most appropriate for non-boot vols. and raid
arrays at the moment.  I will see if I can dig up
the relevant information in the next couple of
days.  My understanding is that case sensitive
HFS+ is part of a metadata transition for the
future and is not quite ready for prime time (I
believe due primarily to limitation of Finder app.

Arstechnica is one place where I recall a
discussion that touched on this, though I don't
think all of the info re. the appropriateness of
case sensitive drives is there.
<http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/1>

I'll let you folks know what I dig up (if I can
recall where I just recently saw this!).

rené
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>