[OS X TeX] TeXshop, non european fonts and XeTeX

Roberto Avanzi Roberto.Avanzi at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 11 10:45:24 EDT 2005

Dear All

I am using TeXShop 1.39 under OS X 10.3.9 and with the
latest gwTeX packages.
I just installed XeTeX 0.94, solved the ``usual'' problem
of the XeLaTeX format missing, and tried to open a few
examples.  I set the default encoding in the TeXShop
editor to be UTF-8, then I opened a few of the sample files.
However, I do not seem able to view the files correctly,
I always see strange characters in lieu of the arabic,
chinese, hindi, etc, fonts

http://harmoniae.com/doge/arabic_tex.png

Of course they compile correctly and I see arabic text
in the pdf output.

what should I do in order to view (and edit) the international
characters with the TeXshop editor?

Roberto

--
/_/  Dr. Roberto Avanzi, Junior Professor
_/  Fakultät für Mathematik - Ruhr University Bochum

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>