[OS X TeX] Undesired Rotated Figure in PSTricks

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon May 16 10:57:11 EDT 2005

On 16 May 2005, at 08:05, Vince McGarry wrote:

> I'm having a problem that I think may be related to dvips.
> Rotations are occurring that I can neither explain nor fix. I am
> enclosing a few files with comments. My desire is to get things
> working again with Herb Schulz's version of ps4pdf, however the
> rotation problem seems to even affect the display in TeXShop's pdf
> viewer when compiling with latex-dvips-gs. I seem to remember a
> discussion about this a while back, but can't find it.

It is related to the epstopdf script. It tries to be smart when
deciding the orientation of a pdf when generating it from an eps
file. A bit too smart for its own good. You can either try to use
pstopdf (which is Apple's converter), or dig inside the epstopdf
script and fix it*. Cheating is allowed: adding invisible, unrotated
text will fool the algorithm, and force the figure to be in the
orientation you expect (or at least the is what I heard).

Maarten

* Although I have version 2.9.1 draft on my machine, and it seems to
have fixed tissue already:
#  2004/03/17 v2.9.1draft (Gerben Wierda)
#    * No autorotate page

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>