[OS X TeX] texti2html

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Sat May 21 16:32:33 EDT 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Google Kreme wrote:

> I am trying to convert a LaTeX file into html, and though I could
> use the texi2html command from the terminal.  However:
>
> % texi2html myfile.tex
> ** empty document
> % texi2html -l2h myfile.tex
> ** empty document
> %

try:

htlatex yourlatexdoc  "html"

this runs tex4ht, which is part of the i-installer TeX package.

Add the info option:

htlatex yourtexdoc  "html,info"

to put about 60K worth of options and execution info--sort of like a
user manual--into the yourlatexdoc.log file.

TeX4ht is very configurable and flexible. I don't use the defaults
because of my employer's specialized requirements, but the defaults
do a very good job of producing html from LaTeX source. TeX4ht also
works with TeX and ConTeXt.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>