[OS X TeX] Re: Reply to Bruno (hard wrapping)

Lee Phillips lists at lee-phillips.org
Wed May 25 13:03:19 EDT 2005

> I bought an app called SmartWrap a while ago that builds this
> functionality into all text windows. It seems silly to pay $20 to
> augment a free program, but it's one solution. Wrapping and re-wrapping
> is a nuisance, but it's helpful if you share the editing with Linux
> users, who usually hate super-long lines.

If you mean wrapping on command after editing rather than hard-wrapping
as you type, you certainly don't need to buy anything to get this. You can
install TextExtras <http://www.lorax.com/FreeStuff/TextExtras.html>,
which is a free Cocoa inputmanager that adds all sorts of goodies that
you can use in any Cocoa program (even in text-entry form boxes in Safari).
One of the things you can do is pipe your text (all or a selection)
through any shell command, so you can pipe your document through the "fold"
command to wrap it. You can write scripts that act on your text and have
them listed in a special scripts menu with keyboard shortcuts associated.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>