[OS X TeX] Cmd < and Cmd >

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu May 26 08:45:08 EDT 2005

On 26 May 2005, at 14:36, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Sorry, I wrote too rapidly: Cmd-< and Cmd-> are used by TeXShop to
> indent and unindent lines in the editor window, of course. The
> problem arises now because, I think, before Tiger the corresponding
> shortcuts were Cmd-[ and Cmd-], but they have been changed because
> Cmd-[ and Cmd-] are now used for navigating backwards and forwards
> in the preview window.

And I still think Cmd-[ and Cmd-] can be used for both functions:
this is in line with other editors (BBEdit, TextWrangler, and I think
Alpha as well), and is unlikely to cause confusion anyway.

> This is in line with Preview, but different from Safari, which uses
> Cmd-( and Cmd-). What a mess, even among OS X applications!

And that is yet another French peculiarity, doesn't work for me.
Remind me to bring my own keyboard if I ever have to spend time at a
conference in France ;).

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>