[OS X TeX] custom bib styles in bibdesk

Bilal Barakat bilalbarakat at web.de
Fri May 27 21:09:53 EDT 2005

>> Apologies for the daft question, but where do I need to put new .bst
>> bibliography style files in order for them to be available in
>> BibDesk's preview?
>>

> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/bibtex/bst/
> ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst/
>
> Both are secure, the first one needs a texhash.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete

Thanks to all who responded with helpful suggestions. Unfortunately,
none of these work for me. I've tried both these locations, and also
placed the new .bst next to the _only_ place where one of those styles
that do in fact show up in BibDesk's list is located on my drive, but
no luck, despite texhash and relaunching BibDesk.
Tried the whole thing with different .bst files and also tried entering
the name directly in the preview preference pane's style field, but
nothing works.

Any idea what might be broken? I'm running the most recent version of
BibDesk on 10.3.9 and am using the i-installer teTeX installation.

Best,
Bilal.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>