[OS X TeX] Unwanted ø when writing o/

stephenmoye at cox.net stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat May 28 11:45:40 EDT 2005

> From: Jonas Wellendorf <Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no>
> Date: 2005/05/28 Sat AM 07:37:33 EDT
> Subject: [OS X TeX] Unwanted ø when writing o/
>
> Hi
> I use the bibdesk (UTF-8 encoding) in combination with xelatex.
>
> When I enter the sequence o/ in a title in bibdesk the result in the
> compiled file is ø. How do I avoid this?

Are you using Hoefler? There are some flaws in that typeface, one of which is
that 'o/' forms a smart ligature oslash. I think that there are other
combinations that have similar problems. I you look at the xetex discussion
archive you will find more information there. I was caught by the same bug.

Stephen Moye

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>