[OS X TeX] Is there a bigpdflatex?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 30 05:22:33 EDT 2005

Am 30.05.2005 um 09:28 schrieb Michael Hoppe:

> I'm sure, too, but just change pdf_mem_size doesn't do anything.

Could be Maarten Sneep's and Ross Moore's pointers are more appropriate
than my first idea! Wouldn't you like to change extra_mem_bot to at
least 1,000,000? What puzzles me is that Maarten states

extra_mem_top = 2000000     % extra high memory for chars, tokens, etc.
extra_mem_bot = 4000000     % extra low memory for boxes, glue,
breakpoints, etc.

and Ross cites

extra_mem_bot    =        0 % extra high memory for chars, tokens, etc.
extra_mem_top    =  2000000 % extra low memory for boxes, glue,
breakpoints, etc.

Trial *and* error still *the* method in academic research?

OTOH: did you see in short documents already any change in math
formulae or areas when applying microtypography to weird encodings like
those from the 'U' type? Don't you need some more settings and
definitions in microtype.cfg? Which might lead to the error you get ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                                                           -- Rich Cook

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>