[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Thu Nov 10 04:22:18 EST 2005

Am 01.11.2005 um 12:28 schrieb Joseph C. Slater:

> Have you tried to set up synchronization between TextMate and
> either TeXShop or iTeXMac? They can both use external viewers. This
> might help in the short run.

Sorry, I didn't answer right away, but I've been kept busy...
Anyways, I tried both TeXShop and iTeXMac. With iTeXMac I tried both
version 1.4 and beta 6. But no dice with any of them. Either I'm
being thick here, or synchronization doesn't really work with
external editors in TeXShop nor iTeXMac, at least with TextMate.

With TeXShop nothing happens at all, when command-clicking anywhere
with external editor enabled. With external editor disabled,
everything works flawlessly. I think TeXShop's implementation of the
use of external editors is to be just able to use it as a compiler
aid and automatic reload which probably is enough for most people
considering that Acrobat Reader doesn't offer neither.

With iTeXMac 1.4 I'm taken to the right chapter, but nowhere near I
clicked in the preview pane. Again, with external editor disabled,
everything works just fine.

With iTeXMac 2 preview 6 I had some difficulty figuring out how it
actually works and gave up in the end. I can create projects and
typeset and all, but whenever I try to have a look at the preview,
all I get is preview's settings pane.

So, thanks for the tip, but I haven't been able to make it work.

Bye, Thomas