[OS X TeX] Large Figure in Document? (and slow response of TeXShop)

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 13 04:59:37 EST 2005

512MB of RAM seems to be ridiculously low. When my machine has
started up about 700MB are immediately used and my experience with
various G4 and G5 have convinced me that 1.5GB should be the minimum
amount of RAM for a fairly smooth behaviour of your computer. If you
perform memory intensive tasks, however,  this amount won't be
sufficient.

Claus