[OS X TeX] Large Figure in Document? (and slow response of TeXShop)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 13 06:52:49 EST 2005

Am 13.11.2005 um 00:47 schrieb Jung-Tsung Shen:

> Is there anyway to improve the situation?

The draft option.

> PS. The eps figure is merely several simple black and white curves
> consisting of a huge amount of data points. I wonder if there's anyway
> to compress the figure?

PNG is compact. A better solution would be to create real curves, i.e.
graphs that can be written as functions y=f(x) in PS Tricks, from the
many points supplied. (1)25 bytes instead of 25 MB -- that's
efficiency.

--
Greetings

   Pete

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your
mind.”
    - D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9