[OS X TeX] Large Figure in Document? (and slow response of TeXShop)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 13 09:22:39 EST 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 7:00 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> ... 22MB are due to the Activity Monitor ...

Howdy,

If you are running Activity Monitor to see if there are blocks by the
OS I think 10.4.3 has cured (most of) that. Activity Monitor seems to
take a huge footprint both in RAM usage (~23MB) and process usage
(~15%) on my poor little 550MHz TiBook; I've gotten used to using top
in Terminal which uses much less RAM (~10MB - mostly from
Terminal.app) and processor usage (~2.5%). Of course, with a Dual G5...

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)