[OS X TeX] Problem with Printing

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Nov 14 20:13:27 EST 2005

Hi Marcus,

What happens if you try printing from Preview or Acrobat?

Sounds like the printer driver on the Mac Mini is not rasterising the outlines
so they can be printed on the inkjet(?). What prrinter driver are you using on
the Mac Mini, and what on the Powerbook?

There are a couple of drivers for MacOS X on the Epson site at
http://www.epson.com.my/epson/drivers/driver_download.htm?dc=1&mode=3&m=false&catid=3&pid=442

Cheers
Alan Litchfield

Marcus Michalsky said:
> Hi, I hope I don't bother/disturb/... you.
>
> First of all:
> I am using MAC OS X 10.4.3 Tiger on a Mac Mini with an installed   teTeX
> from TeX Live 2004 (stable) (installed with i-Installer 2).
> I installed all the other packages described on the TeX for OS X Web   Site.
>
> My Problem is, if I print them, all the Math Symbols (like Theta or   Omega
> from Asymptotic Notation or Sums etc.) are missing
> on the printed sheet. If i go to my Powerbook (with 10.3.9 Panther   and TeX
> Live 2004 (stable) I get perfect results.
>
> Both tries are made with a EPSON EPL-5900L laser printer connected   via
> USB. (not a Post-Script printer as far as I know)
>
> I don't know how to fix this problem. First I used the OS X drivers,   then
> I installed the Epson driver on 10.4.3 Tiger. Still the same.
>
> Do you have any Ideas ? Are there FONTS missing ? But when I view the
> document the Math Symbols are there.
>
> Thx
> Marcus Michalsky

AlphaByte